Jen Messer MS, RDN
certified Lactation Counselor
I believe our pain becomes our purpose. I am inspired by my own personal struggles.
- Why did this happen?
- Could this have been prevented?
- Thanks to genetics would I meet a similar fate?
I remember the day I saw a picture of myself and knew that I was headed down the same path as my father. I was overweight, tired, and not healthy. Motherhood fostered my desire to live a healthy lifestyle. I wanted to do everything to raise a healthy family, beginning with breastfeeding.
Determined to be a role model for my daughters, I shed more than sixty-five pounds and markedly improved my health. I became aware of the direct impact my own wellbeing had on the health of my family.
My dietary changes soon influenced my husband’s health and he normalized his blood pressure. I could feel the difference that good nutrition and physical activity made to my health and quality of life. I’ve maintained my weight loss for over 20 years. Now, I am compelled to help other families avoid the devastating effects of losing a loved one prematurely and help people live full and active lives.
Licenses & Certifications
- Registered Dietitian (RDN) – The Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Licensed Dietitian (LD) – New Hampshire
- Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist (LDN) – Massachusetts
- Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC) – The Academy of Lactation Policy and Practice
- Certificate of Training in Obesity for Pediatrics and Adults – The Commission on Dietetic Registration
- eCornell Plant Based Nutrition Certificate
- Menopause Training for Non-Physician Health Practitioners -Gennve
- MS Exercise Science: Strength and Conditioning, Merrimack College (2020)
- BS Public Health: Nutrition/Dietetics, Keene State College, NH (2019)
- Dietetic Internship, Wellness Workdays (2020)
- BS Psychology: Mental Health, Plymouth State University, NH (1995)
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Women’s Health Dietetic Practice Group
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs Dietetic Practice Group
- Cardiovascular Health, and Well-being Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group
- Weight Management Dietetic Practice Group
- Sports and Human Performance Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group
- Member of The Collegiate and Professional Sports Dietitians Association
- Member New Hampshire Breastfeeding Task Force
- New Hampshire Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics – Board of Directors: Public Relations and Social Media Committee (2018-present)